Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Roster Set for Out of the Park Baseball 2007

Discussion in the Video Games forum
NPB Roster Set for Out of the Park Baseball 2007
Hi,

I've just finished a first draft of a NPB roster set for Out of the Park Baseball. For those that don't know about it, it's a very good text-based baseball simulator, and a demo of the game is available here. (Note: I don't work for the company, I just like the game.) The roster set is based on many of the statistics here at japanesebaseball.com, and I'd like to thank Michael Westbay for making them available. The roster set allows you to play in the NPB at the start of the 2007 season, and contains the following:

1. All players in both NPB and ni-gun clubs around opening day, including new foreign players and draft picks for 2007. Player ratings were generated based on the MLB equivalencies for each player, either based on their NPB or ni-gun stats, with some basic park adjustments included. The ratings are based on MLB equivalencies so that this league can be played simultaneously with an MLB season in OOTP.

2. A full statistical history for most players that have played in NPB since 1937, including past Japan Series, MVP, Rookie of the Year, Hall of Famers, as well as some Gold Glove and Sawamura Award winners.

3. Team colors and player pictures for most active players.

5. Accurate ballpark dimensions for NPB and ni-gun stadia, ballpark pictures for most NPB stadia, and estimated park factors (based on Jim Allen's Japanese baseball guide from 94-96) for NPB parks.

6. Accurate player and manager salaries (from japanesebaseball.com), as well as somewhat accurate financials for each team.

7. NPB roster and gameplay settings, as best possible. One thing to note is that the NPB playoff system (2nd and 3rd place team in league play 3-game series, meet 1st place team in league in 5-game LCS) is not possible in OOTP, so feel free to change this accordingly.

What it doesn't have yet:

1. An accurate 2007 schedule (i.e. the games played are accurate, but the order is not).
2. Accurate staff, other than manager.
3. Contract length for players.
4. Some fielding information, especially the specific outfield position for some players.
5. Feeder leagues (HS, college, and industrial; though I'm currently working on that)
6. Independent leagues such as the Shikoku and Hokushinetsu leagues

If anyone here has OOTP and has a better knowledge of NPB that myself (that would be nearly all of you), feel free to download it and try it out. I tried to make it as realistic as possible, based on past statistics. Also, if people want to help me tweak the ratings, I would love some assistance. For instance, not speaking Japanese, I could only find limited information on 2007 prospects (other than M. Tanaka), so the ratings and positions may not be too accurate.

NPB Roster Set, Version 1.0

Instructions:

Download and unzip folder.

Place in .../My Documents/Sports Interactive/OOTP Baseball 2007/data/saved_games

Start up OOTP and load saved games...it should show up and work.

P.S. I've also developed a database from which you can simulate NPB starting from 1950 onward. I will make the next version of this db available shortly.
Comments
Re: NPB Roster Set for Out of the Park Baseball 2007
[ Author: Guest: Keith Rodelander | Posted: Jun 20, 2007 6:29 AM ]

Thank you very much for this. It is greatly appreciated.
[ Author: Guest: Great Job | Posted: Jun 20, 2007 9:48 AM ]

great job with this , just was looking through it , very nicely done, thanks for all the work, this should be fun

just cant seem to find the ballpark images...
[ Author: JaredM | Posted: Jun 23, 2007 12:46 AM | YG Fan ]

I'm not sure why the images don't show up in-game...let me work on that. Also, I'm working on an updated version, with some ratings tweaks that I should finish this weekend.
[ Author: JaredM | Posted: Jun 25, 2007 9:59 AM | YG Fan ]

I've finished the new version of the roster set. Some statistics are tweaked and errors are corrected. Also, note that there are ballparks in here now, in the ballparks folder. They can be put into the game's main ballparks folder and configured from there (if it doesn't work automatically. Please post if you have any comments/questions.

NPB 2007 Roster Set for OOTP, version 1.1
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.