Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Konami Baseball Heroes 2 - card based arcade game

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Konami Baseball Heroes 2 - card based arcade game
Hey everyone,
I did a quick search before posting this (wanted to make sure I wasn't going over old stuff).

Well, I was in Tokyo back in late May. 2nd time there - always great to be there. Unfortunately missed out on seeing an NPB game (of the 3 nights I was there, first night was getting over jetlag, 2nd night was a soccer game, and Thursday night was spare day before I flew out on the Friday night), BUT, I did see something that may interest some of you (if you hadn't heard of this before).

It's an arcade video game called "Konami Baseball Heroes 2". The idea is a card-based one. Basically, I think you have to buy an "e-Amusement Pass", then over time you get a starter deck of cards (I think about 10 cards or so), and you assemble your lineup. As you play games, you get single card reward packs. You can get better players, rarer cards etc. I think the e-Pass was 500 Yen, then maybe 300 to play each game (but you get a single booster card with each game). The games are in kan-ji script, hence I didn't play it. I should've asked someone to help me play a game, then bought a whole bunch of those starter packs

Ah, "if only" is a funny thing. :P

I was lucky on the final night there (when I did a big shop around Tokyo) to find the Baseball Heroes Series 1 AND 2 cards of my fav yakyu player (Yoshinobu Takahashi, #24 for the Giants) at a card shop called Yellow Submarine in Akihabara. I got the 2 cards of his for 1200 Yen total (to go with the 10 or so of his BBM & Calbee cards that I bought earlier in the day). I think Daisuke was 1000 Yen on his own for his BH2 card.

I'll provide the link that I got from a pamphlet about BH2.

www.konami.jp/am/bbh2

Hopefully see if I can stir up some discussion about this game. The graphics were excellent, and the cards are a nice collectible way to promote the game to those outside Japan.

ADAM COLEMAN
Brisbane, Australia
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.