Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Baseball game with all pro leagues....?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Baseball game with all pro leagues....?
As much as I liked MLB 2k7, i think it would be cool and innovative for the next baseball game to take the FIFA approach by including all of the major international baseball leagues (MLB, Npb, Kbo, CPBL, Dominican Winter League, Venezuelan Winter League, etc.). You could have features like posting players, the MLB versus NPB allstars tour, Caribbean World Series, the Asia Series, and much more. A hurdle to overcome would be obtaining the rights to use each league/event, but if they could make FIFA soccer using several leagues, I see no reason as to why there can't be an international baseball game. I also believe from a financial standpoint it would make sense as it could sell well if released globally to countries like Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc......Any thoughts?
Comments
Re: Baseball game with all pro leagues....?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Aug 23, 2007 4:31 AM | SFT Fan ]

Well, that's a great idea and I like it, except for this fact: A lot of these Asian leagues own the rights to their players, rather than the players having their own players union, so getting player rights would be a little difficult.

Also, you have to consider the fact that the casual MLB fan couldn't care less about overseas teams, NPB in particular. I was the exact same way before Daisuke Matsuzaka came to the Red Sox, and my interest in Japanese baseball was heightened enough that I came to this site.

I would love to see something like what you mentioned (side note: NHL games have had Swedish, Russian, and Finnish superleagues as game options), but it wouldn't draw much interest from the casual MLB fans in North America, which is where the market is the most important to capture, and thus, those aspects wouldn't make it into the game.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.