Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Some new rules for the board

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Some new rules for the board
Lately I've been getting posts asking me to post URLs for online auctions selling yakyu games. We've also been getting a lot of posts about MLB Power Pros specifically. I'd like to take this post to clarify why exactly these posts aren't being allowed through.

1. We've had a lot of auction posts in the past, and while I've posted a handful by regular posters here, it's very hard to tell legit fans apart from used game stores. There are lots of Japanese used game stores that sell stuff on ebay, so I'm getting pretty strict with auction posts. Basically if you're not registered and I don't recognize your name from regular activity on the board, you're not getting your auction info posted. Sorry, but those are the breaks.

Believe it or not, despite this board being "dead", the site gets a ton of views. It comes up first on basically any search engine result for Japanese baseball or yakyu. There are lots of spammers trying to get on this board, and that's one of the main reasons why I moderate every message that comes in.

2. This is a site about Japanese baseball, and hence this board is about baseball games released in Japan only. That means no MLB Power Pros talk from now on. I only even mentioned it because I wanted to compare the differences between the two releases.

If it were up to me, I'd allow discussion of MLB Power Pros, since it's a Pawapuro Production release. However, Michael has been very clear in the past about not letting discussion stray from pro yakyu into major league stuff. This is how we run the Nichi-Bei portion of the site, as well. There are plenty of other forums to discuss MLB Power Pros such as GameFaqs, OperationSports, and NeoGaf. I'm sure there are a few more that I don't even know of.
Comments
Re: Some new rules for the board
[ Author: Guest: taro | Posted: Oct 9, 2007 2:43 AM ]

Hello BigZam,

I'm one of the guys that posted a thread about new ebay games. I'm not a regular poster, but I do post from time to time on the video game and Nichi-Bei boards and visit the site regularly... I can also assure you I'm not a used store owner. lol

I can certainly understand any board policies, but I just would like to let Yakkyu game fans know that I'm selling these games..otherwise chances are that nobody bids and the games start collecting dust..

Best Regards,
taro

Re: Some new rules for the board
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 9, 2007 7:18 AM | CLM Fan ]

Since you replied, I'll allow your thread. Feel free to post it up again if you like.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.