Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PawaMajor 2 Sales Numbers Reflect Disrespect to Fans

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PawaMajor 2 Sales Numbers Reflect Disrespect to Fans
Weekly game software sales numbers are up and it looks like the fans are finally making themselves heard.

01. Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (PS2) - 204,000 / NEW
02. Gundam Battle Chronicle (PSP) - 86,000 / NEW
03. ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (DS) - 50,000 / NEW
04. Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (Wii) - 40,000 / NEW
05. Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2 (PS2) - 35,000 / NEW
06. Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Time Expedition Party (DS) - 34,000 / 475,000
07. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - 30,000 / 680,000
08. Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Shadow Expedition Party (DS) - 29,000 / 418,000
09. KanKen DS 2 + Jouyou Kanji Jiten (DS) - 23,000 / 51,000
10. Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi: Mina San Kyu (DS) - 20,000 / 74,000

The Wii version didn't even rank in the top 10 and the PS2 version moved only 35,000 to barely make it into the top 5. As long as I've been following yakyu games, I believe this is the lowest debut week sales a Pawapuro title has ever had. They're usually over 100,000 and automatic #1 in sales. This time they lose to TWO different versions of a Dragon Ball game, some DS game that isn't even part of a big franchise, and a PSP game.

In a perfect world, I'd say that these numbers would force Konami to shake things up a bit and get the series back to it's prior dominance. This is far from a perfect world, though, and sales have been going down for Pawapuro every year. If they didn't do anything after 13, I don't know if they'll do anything now. Look for them to focus a lot more on America if MLB Power Pros pulls in way more than PawaMajor 2.

Big ups to Japanese fans for not giving them big sales on a shoddy product. This is what the game industry needs more of. Way to go.
Comments
Re: PawaMajor 2 Sales Numbers Reflect Disrespect to Fans
[ Author: Guest: M | Posted: Oct 12, 2007 4:53 AM ]

ASH may not be a big series, but it was highly anticipated because it was made by the guy who made the original Final Fantasies. But you're right, the sales should still be higher.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 12, 2007 2:41 PM | CLM Fan ]

I knew I'd look like a jerk for not knowing a DS title. Hehe. Just an update about the Wii version. It didn't even rank in the top 25. It ranked #27 with around 5000 units.
[ Author: Guest: taro | Posted: Oct 26, 2007 10:23 AM ]

Anybody know how well the US version sold?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.