Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

News on a new PYS game

Discussion in the Video Games forum
News on a new PYS game
Has anyone seen, heard or have knowlegde of the next PYS game? Have there been any OFFICIAL announcements? And if so....What systems would it be on? I am a big fan of the PYS series and it would suck to have to play another MLB 2K game since each year they get worse. Maybe 2K should get with Konami, like they did for MLB Power Pros, and use the PYS engine on ALL future MLB 2K games. (fingers crossed)
Comments
Re: News on a new PYS game
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:30 PM | CLM Fan ]

Nothing yet. I'm pretty sure we'll see a PYS5. Everything I've seen suggests that Konami are transitioning from Pawapuro to PYS. They have better people on PYS, sales skyrocket with every year(opposite of Pawapuro), and there are a lot more additions and improvement to gameplay with each release.

I don't think you'll see the PYS engine in the states. I think it'd just look awkward, not to mention the time it'd take to get all those faces(they make EVERY face from scratch by hand), animations, and stadiums. I think that you'd be stretching out a development team, Diamond Head, that is already being stretched thin with too many projects. Ever since they started all these new games, you can tell the quality has diminished. It's kinda like how the quality of a multi-platform game is noticeably worse than an exclusive release.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.