Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

have you heard about a game called....

Discussion in the Video Games forum
have you heard about a game called....
have any of you heard of a game on N64 called (CHOUKUKAN NIGHT PRO YAKYU KINGS)??
i picked this game up when i was in japan in 96' or 97'...but, i just wanted to say that this was one of the best baseball games i have played!!! dudes in the game look like ones in "PAWA PURO" series (SD), but in my opinion...it was better at the time.(no offence to all you "PAWA PURO" fans, i'm a fan of it too)
it had great replay system when you would hit a homerun, game play was fast and great, it was surprisingly detailed, (when ever Ichiro came up to ba, the crowd would cheer "ICHIRO~~~~~!!!" just like in real life at that time in japan), players had batting gloves, facial details like mustache,glasses and otherthings were included.(i know taht new "PAWA MAJOR 2" has it too now)
i only had the first game ,but to my knowledge it had a second game in this short lived series....
the developers either defunked or they just didn't make a new version to the game for unknown reasons....it's really sad because i really think that if this series was still around i think it could have been one of the best baseball game series by now.
anyways, just wanted to know if any of you have heard it^^ go SEIBU LIONS !! we are going to take the next NPB championship!! lol
Comments
Re: have you heard about a game called....
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:05 PM | CLM Fan ]

I've never heard of it. I know World Stadium and some others, but I had no idea there was another yakyu game on N64. I'll look for pictures later.
[ Author: supajap | Posted: Nov 20, 2007 12:29 AM ]

it's quite an underdog title...i picked it up in japan almost by accident myself.
i bought N64 and i was really excited so i just grabed the first baseball game title i seen.(and it was a great choice)

i've never seen a screenshot of this game on the web.... but got to "wikipedia" and type in the name of this game in full, and you well see a cover box for it,but unfortunately not the game screen shots....
[ Author: supajap | Posted: Nov 20, 2007 7:00 PM ]

sorry i was wrong.... go to wikiprdia and type "chokukan night pro yakyu king" thats the spelling in english^^
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Nov 21, 2007 12:14 PM | CLM Fan ]

Ok, now I know this game. I've never played it or seen it in action, but 2ch always has a thread up for it. I think it has a decent following on there.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.