Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

for bigman,shini,skinz,supajap or anyone

Discussion in the Video Games forum
for bigman,shini,skinz,supajap or anyone
hey whats going on big three, have not spoken to you in a few hope all is great with you and families also merry christmas.
need to ask some more questions also i am getting rosseta stone hope it will help with japanese, but anyway as usuall these questions are all for the pennant mode for 12 kett that is all i play at moment.

1. the first thing before the draft shows players waving and carring bags,and i figure it must be the release/retire screen. the next screen comes up and shows my roster and i can select a catagorie at the end of their name, can someone tell me what the catorgry are i usually pick the last grey one but i needed to see if anyone knows what they all are ie--
retire, release, restricted release, send overseas, etc.

2. next up is the rookie draft screen and i need to know what button or color i need to have highlighted in the options menu to be able to choose my own rookies.
for some reason when the draft starts the cpu auto picks my first draft then continues with other teams draft then comes to my second rd and picks again.
i keep pressing buttons but it continues and i happened to press the square button on the third rd and it finally lets me pick my own but by then most have a big X over them and only scrubs are left.

3.after the release/retire screen a list of players show up and i can pick from them and i wanted to find out if these are the players released from other teams.
i think they are because they have emblems from other teams before their names but i was not sure because i do not see the people i released but it could be because i picked the grey catagory and that was retire.
hopefully someone knows.

4. next up is the FA screen and on it it shows what the FA wants(or does not want) in a box on the right side. i asked bigman this before and either he or shini ans but i just wanted som other people stratigies on signing FA because i usually offer what ever is in the box and sometimes more but i can't get anyone to sign.
one time i offered one guy like 5 things and he got red in the face at me so i guess i must have pissed him off. so pls give me your advice.

5. finally just before the spring training starts a screen will come up telling you 6 pages of stuff and then a screen comes up with 3 players in it. i think i am supposed to be able to switch those with 3 of my players?.
can someone tell me if this is so and if it is how can i do it, and where these players are from?

also one last thing for i usaully see big or shini talk about analog vs digital control. which is better and how do i switch?
right now i use the right stick to move and swing and press the x button to hit, throw, double tap triangle to get bigger lead, steal etc.
is there a differance in those two controls and which is better.
tks for all the help anyone can provide also supajap send me a pm i can maybe send you address or get yours and i can send copies of 12 kett guide i have and you can trans some pages for me tks .
take care all
Comments
Re: for bigman,shini,skinz,supajap or anyone
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 4, 2007 11:08 PM | CLM Fan ]

What up? I can't really answer these without screenshots. I'll try, though.

1. Grey is definitely the release player option. There are also options there for re-signing the player or making them batting, pitching, or defensive/base running coaches. You can't make a guy a coach unless he decides to retire. I'm pretty sure the coach options are green.

2. You're getting "auto pick" in the first round because you already signed that player. That's the system that was recently discontinued in NPB due to under the table deals. This is how it works...

If you come to a deal with your first pick, you have to skip the first round. You'll get a pick in the second round, but you'll get skipped in the third round. If you come to a deal with two players, you only get a pick in the fourth round. Sometimes your scouts won't be good enough to come to deals with really good players.

If you don't come to a deal with any players, you make picks with all the other teams in the first, third, and fourth rounds. The first round uses a system in which teams can pick any player they want. If multiple teams pick the same player, they draw cards to determine who gets that player.

3. That is the screen for try outs. Yes, those players were released by their former teams and decided they didn't want to retire yet.

4. You probably messed up or didn't offer enough years. A lot of the time you won't be able to sign FAs no matter what. It depends on how prestigious your team is. Your chance of signing an FA after winning pennants is a lot greater than if you finished last place. If you guarantee a player the opportunity to be a coach after retirement, you'll get guys to sign a lot of the time.

5. I have no idea what this is about. Perhaps they're foreign players you've scouted? Perhaps it's the screen to send young prospects overseas for a year? Can't tell without a screenshot.

Press the analog button on the Dual Shock 2 to change from analog to digital.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.