Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Making trades in PYS4

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Making trades in PYS4
This one is for anyone that understands how to make a deal in PYS4 for the PS3. I have been trying to deal for Fukudome and also trying to bring back Tamura to the Baystars. However, deals get turned down even when I make a ridiculous offer. So...what do the numbers on the 3 colored slots for selecting players mean on the "trading page"? And, what do the colors mean for that matter?(ie, red, green, gray with numbers like 24, 26, 3 respectivly) and is there a NO TRADE period during the season? I am in the month of July, is ther a trading deadline? When is it? I just want to understand how to make a trade during the season. By the way I am playing the season that has to be played thru (not managing and no simming games) Thanks.
Comments
Re: Making trades in PYS4
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 18, 2007 4:59 PM | CLM Fan ]

From top to bottom, the numbers stand for the amount of pitchers, position players, and foreigners on your roster. You can't trade for Fukudome and Tamura probably because they're top players and the teams aren't going to let you have them. I don't know what's difficult to understand about that. Japanese teams rarely trade away big name players.

The trade deadline is July 1st. That deadline is also for signing foreigners.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 18, 2007 10:07 PM ]

Well for someone who doesn't read japanese it can be difficult. But thanks for the info, you have helped me to better understand the game and it makes the experience that much better.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 19, 2007 7:19 AM | CLM Fan ]

I wasn't ragging on you or anything. I've played a few MLB games and I know where you're coming from. It's very easy to trade and get guys like David Ortiz and stuff. It's kind of easy to do this in MLB Power Pros, as well. Pawapuro and Pro Yakyu Spirits are a bit tougher to make trades with, though.

You need to think about the needs of the other team in the deal. If they have too many great pitchers, offering them a pitcher isn't wise. If they are struggling with power, trying to take a power bat from them and offering them a contact batter isn't going to do anything. It's deeper than the average trade system.
[ Author: Guest: Dave | Posted: Dec 19, 2007 11:38 AM ]

I have the PS2 version, and I have run into similar problems. Sometimes you'll be navigating inside a japanese interface and you are not seeing the breadth of the menu. You are not sure how deep the menu could be because you don't understand the first step of the embedded menu that you can select. I am a sports strategist, and I want to find every menu available in the interface. This can be a challenge when playing a deep game like this. There are always important subtle options when dealing managing a team. I am still looking for a English guide to Pennant Race, MVP, and Spirits Mode, by that I mean exactly what every menu item from top to bottom reads in englsih as you progress through prior to the first game. When I start my first game, I want to make sure that I have not let any stones unturned in terms of an option in some menu because I don't understand Japanese. I think we all run into these pitfalls and something as simple as BigManZam's comment does help because it gives you some sense of 'Okay, I am comfortable moving forward into the game now that someone else has been through this menu and doesn't see any problems. Now you can go through confidently knowing what options have been set.'

BigManZam, I have been unable to find specific English translation guides of Pennant Race, MVP, and Spirits Mode. If you know of a translation guide for these modes I'd appreciate it.

Are there any main differences (besides graphics texture quality) between the PS2 and PS3 version? The PS2 version plays very smooth and the graphics are pretty grand.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:32 PM | CLM Fan ]

We decided against making a guide for MVP and Spirits because interest in those parts of the game weren't too high. I also wasn't very motivated to embark on such big projects, anyway. I think we did a basic translation of the Pennant menu on the GameFAQS guide, though.

The PS2 version is superior to the PS3 version. PS3 looks nice in stills, but you can tell that Konami had no clue how to write for the PS3 hardware. The PS2 version had some of the same bugs the PS3 version had, but it is a consistently smooth experience.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.