Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS5 and PawaPuro PS3 Info?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS5 and PawaPuro PS3 Info?
Has anything been announced or have there been any whispers about Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 or PawaPuro for the PS3? I'm finally breaking down and selling my Xbox 360 for a PS3 after Christmas (A very PawaPuro Christmas indeed with PawaPoke 10 ^_^).

I'm definitely going to import PYS4 and eventually SwapMagic my PS2 to play the older PawaPuro games. I plan to post reviews of all the above to my MySpace page since I do amateur game reviews.
Comments
Re: PYS5 and PawaPuro PS3 Info?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:53 AM | CLM Fan ]

No news on either front. I'd have to side that the Pawapuro PS3 project was scrapped, because I haven't heard anything about it since it was first announced at the same time PYS3(!!!) for the 360 was announced. Unless they're completely reinventing the series for PS3, I think it's done. You never know, though, since they had that title up on their release list for a very long time.

PYS5 is probably going to come out. They have no competition with the real style NPB games and the sales are climbing slowly. They've invested way too much into the game lately to just let it go.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Dec 22, 2007 2:31 AM | SFT Fan ]

Considering the fact that PYS4 came out on March 31, I'm guessing that PYS5 could be coming out around the same time in 2008. Sports games are usually pretty consistent with their release dates since they come out around the same time every year (which is about the beginning of Spring Training for 2K and MLB series).

Another thing worth mentioning is that all three publishers (2K, Sony, and Konami) have been fairly tight-lipped about what new features and such will be in the game, and yet we're a few months away from release. MLB 08 looks like it's going to be more gameplay polish than anything, but nothing from Konami or 2K.

My wish list for these three games is:
Pro Yakyu Spirits 5: Get with the program, Konami, stable online platform please! And also fix that framerate!

MLB 08: Make it possible to strike out batters (other than pitchers and bums) in Road to the Show mode, lower batter aggressiveness with 2 strikes overall. Also, make it look like a PS3 game should.

MLB 2K8: Framerate issues need to be fixed, especially on PS3, and please no gimmicky SIXAXIS batting control on PS3 either! They already fixed one problem with the game: Derek Jeter is no longer the cover man! That alone makes it worth buying!
[ Author: Guest: Dave | Posted: Dec 23, 2007 8:54 AM ]

NipponHam11, you should definetly import PYS4 through swap magic to play on the ps2. the ps2 version of pys4 is one of the most enjoyable tactical experiences i have ever had out of a sports game. maybe its because this is the first pys game i've played (i play power pros for wii but not the japanese league)

Once you get a translation guide for all the menus and the options, the interface design of the game is nearly flawless. there is an incredible amount of customization. The gameplay is fluid and smooth. There is occasional slowdown on a fielding play when bases are loaded, but it doesn't ruin the experience. This leads me to the best part of the game imo. Fielding. Fielding is great, especially if you set it to manual fielding. I mean I love the ability to position my infield and outfield pre-pitch, and then be able to take control of a player, field a ball or make a catch. it is very satisfying. the graphics are very good for the ps2.

i am sure the graphics quality is higher on the ps3, but i doubt it runs as smooth as it does on the ps2, and the graphics and stadiums are pretty darn good on the ps2. the crowd chants are amazing in this game. pitcher batter interface is excellent, but it becomes more intense because the fielding is so good. So yeah i highly recommend playing this game through a ps2. swap magic has been working great for me. i even found a hex code to give me max points after completing any training. now i have all the stadiums, jersies, unlockables, etc.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.