Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 Rumors

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 Rumors
I'm warning you. These are totally unproven rumors here, but 2ch doesn't get people lying about being "insiders" as much as English speaking boards. Someone posing as a Konami staffer posted this on the PYS5 thread around Xmas time.

-Game is scheduled for a 4/1/08 release on PS2 and PS3.

-Ouen songs have been revamped with ability to set songs for specific situations and batters. When creating a song, you can set an intro and main melody. You can also set it so the crowd will chant the player's name, rather than just gibberish.

-When watching a match played by the CPU, you can choose what kind of strategy you want the teams to use.

-Computer AI has been made stronger.

-Spirits Mode will allow you to use the faces of existing players in the game.

-There's a new mode like Perfect Play's Emperor Cup. No reason to get excited, since that was goofy and stupid. For example, one team was full of Japanese greasers.

-Crowds will increase and decrease.

-Player animations have been improved.

-He says there will be "objections" to calls. Whether that's by the players, managers, or both isn't stated.

-Bats will now break. It's about time.

-Intentional walks are realistic. Another one that's long overdue.

-He says graphics have been improved, so I'm hoping that means no more frame rate issues.

If this guy is for real, I'm worried about the lack of information on Pennant and Online. Those are the two modes that can give you tons of replay value, and they were both garbage in PYS4. I'll be really disappointed if online is still laggy and pennant still sucks after the first year.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 Rumors
[ Author: Psunami | Posted: Jan 9, 2008 2:52 AM ]

Thanks for the rumors BigManZam. I'm a huge fan of PYS4 for the PS3 and have been anxiously awaiting any word on version 5.

Heck, I spent the better part of a month working on a translation guide with someone else before time just got the best of me. This year I'll be dedicating a ton of time to it though.

Thanks again.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:36 PM | CLM Fan ]

No problem. I'll update this thread if anything juicy surfaces. Everyone is expecting the official teaser site to open in a month or so. That should have a handful of pics. We can expect videos in early to mid March. I remember Konami being pretty generous with pictures and videos on a weekly basis a good time before the release date last year. Some pics were probably even released a bit too early, as there were bad errors with stats.

I think the PYS franchise has the most potential out of all the games out there. The base is definitely better than Pawapuro right now. They just need to fix a few things and improve like they do every year. Even though I was PISSED last year when I spent so much money on a PS3 for PYS4, I have a lot of faith in certain members of the PYS staff.
[ Author: Guest: Tomba321 | Posted: Jan 26, 2008 3:35 PM ]

I absolutely love ps4 for the ps3 if not for the black screen pause the game would be a perfect first start to the series on next gen...

If this is true I would love to get ps5 once again this year!
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Jan 12, 2008 12:42 PM | HT Fan ]

Thanks for the information, even if it is just rumors. There is a good chance I will get this game when it comes out. Plus I recently got my PS3 online by way of a wireless router, so I will be looking to play online too. Hopefully that aspect of the game will be good.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 27, 2008 7:10 PM | CLM Fan ]

We'll be seeing whether the rumors were true or not very soon, as all evidence is pointing to first news coming sometime within the next few days. On a simpler level, we'll be seeing whether we even get a Pro Yakyu Spirits game this year. There's been zero information on it, and this is something I just HATE about Japanese game PR. With the exception of huge titles like MGS4, sports games like PYS get announced like 2 months before the release date. It's just too much stress for fans. You should see the Japanese boards right now with all the people freaking out.

Anyway, if there is going to be any game this year, the site will be up on Friday and we should get first reports out of the game mags around Wednesday. I'll post up scans if I get access to them.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 30, 2008 10:34 AM | CLM Fan ]

Can't confirm the rumors and scans probably won't be coming in until the Famitsu street date in a couple days, but it can now be confirmed that Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 will be released on PS2 and PS3 once again this year.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 30, 2008 11:26 AM | CLM Fan ]

Confirmed release date of 4/1, so we have one rumor confirmed.

I think we can make two conclusions from this week's Famitsu. Konami are no longer going to support the Xbox 360 in Japan and Namco will not be releasing anything other than Family Stadium titles in 2008.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.