Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pawapoke 10 menu translation

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pawapoke 10 menu translation
Can someone please translate the menus (especially through the season process) so that us 'non japanese' players can enjoy this game further??

I have extensively searched for an english guide to the menus (i understand baseball back to front - i just cant work out the menu titles) and all i have found is for quick matches.

Pleases help!! this game is awesome and i just want to understand how to properly set up my season.

kind regards
Comments
Re: Pawapoke 10 menu translation
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:42 PM | CLM Fan ]

You asked for it, you got it. I've been so busy with other projects right now. I'm starting to upload long videos to NicoNico Douga in the coming week or so in preparation for marketing my save files, as well as games that don't get as much attention the Konami titles.

I was going to do this translation a while ago, but there just wasn't anyone asking around for them, so I let it go. Let that be a lesson to anyone else who wants translations. Bother me like crazy and I'll probably do it.

Ok, we'll start with the main menu. I'll be going down the left column then down the right column in every single one of these, since it's a huge pain to format posts so that they display like the menus. I'll then tackle each of those categories one by one. Excuse me if I can't get too in depth for things like Success and My Pennant. They just consume way too much time.

1. Success
2. Exhibition
3. Pawapoke Points
4. Pennant
5. Arrange
6. Extras

Success

1. Koshien Mode(High School Baseball)
2. Player Data
3. Battle Digger(RPG Mode)
4. Battle Digger Customization

Player Data

1. Players Made
2. Password Entry
3. Exchange Via WiFi

Exhibition

1. Action Baseball(Actually play the game)
2. Card Baseball

Action Baseball

1. Vs. Computer
2. WiFi Battle
3. Homerun Derby
4. Close Range WiFi
5. Download Battle(Let your friend without a copy of the game download it, so you can play together.)
6. Camp(Practice Mode)

WiFi Battle

1. WiFi Battle
2. Friend List
3. WiFi Configuration

Friend List

1. Friend List
2. Enter Friend Code
3. My Friend Code

Camp

1. Batting
2. Base Running
3. Pitching
4. Defense
5. Batting/Pitching(Game Situation)
6. Defense(Game Situation)
Options
Difficulty(Default is Normal)

Card Baseball

1. Vs. Computer
2. Close Range WiFi

Pawapoke Points - I'll translate the top three first, the middle are all fictional HS teams, and the bottom four are the mini games.

1. Edit Facial Portraits
2. Edit Uniform Numbers
3. Edit Announcers' Call

1. P Card(kind of like Uno, I guess. I never understood it.)
2. Shooting Game
3. Vertical Racing
4. Touch Screen Defensive Drill

Pennant

1. Pennant
2. My Pennant

Pennant

1. Difficulty(Normal)
2. DH on or off
3. Games - 144(24 games vs. each team and 4 games vs. each team in interleague), 5(1 vs. each team), 15(3 vs. each team), 60(12 vs. each team)

This next screen is for management AI. I'd leave it untouched. Now, here is the main Pennant screen.

1. Play
2. Fast Sim With Game Display
3. Sim With Regular Gameplay(Do NOT use, unless you want to reset the game. I don't think you can quit out of it.)
4. Auto Sim Game
5. Identical to #3, but with increased speed.
6. Stats
7. Calendar
8. Advance One Day
9. Options
10. Quit

My Pennant(Can only use Success players. First option after you pick a player is what real life player you want to replace on the roster.)

1. Difficulty(Normal)
2. DH on or off
3. Lock-On Batting(Off)

The next screen is where you set your goals for the season.

1. Hits
2. Batting Average
3. Home Runs
4. Doubles
5. RBIs

Main My Pennant Screen

1. Play Game
2. Calendar
3. Stats
4. Increase Attributes
5. System

System

1. Save and quit
2. Save and continue
3. Finalize player
4. Dictionary

Arrange

1. Create
2. Delete
3. Exchange Via WiFi

Extras

1. Album
2. Mini Games
3. Dictionary

Pause Menu

1. Play
2. Pinch Hitter
3. Pinch Runner
4. Options
5. Quit
6. Score
7. Player Attributes
8. Baseball Rules
9. Dictionary
[ Author: Guest: Madnote Coffey | Posted: Jan 23, 2008 7:25 AM ]

Dude!!!!!

Thanks so much! I was getting sick of playing exibitions!

*possible noob question*
Under the pennant menu, what is the option DH on or off? - is this 'mercy rule'?

also, i believe i have left the difficulty at normal, but the Comp AI still 'tore me a new one'. I take it the normal level will be default?

Thanks again! At least konami make their games reasonably straightforward so anyone can enjoy them with just a little guidance. If i do have any further specific menus i'll ask politely again.

Well done BigManZam.

Madnote from Oz.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 23, 2008 1:37 PM | CLM Fan ]

No problem. The DH option actually says "Central League rules" and "Pacific League rules". It controls whether your Pennant has the designated hitter or whether the pitcher will bat. This usually sets itself automatically, so I wouldn't worry about it.
[ Author: Guest: cmat | Posted: Apr 17, 2008 2:19 AM ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.

Thanks so much for the menu translation! I just got my copy from play-asia and it is really great. Any chances on getting any more translations? Either for the player stats and what they mean or for any of the sub-menus?

Fantastic help to the game!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 19, 2008 4:29 AM | CLM Fan ]

No problem. As for new Pawapoke translations, I'm pretty much done with the game. It's nice to play on the can, but PYS5 is the best thing out right now. If you're ever stuck somewhere, feel free to post something and I'll try to help.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.