Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS 5: VP Shop Question

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS 5: VP Shop Question
I purchased the game from Ebay, and am loving every facet of it, and the manual translations are top-notch. Due to time constraints, not everything can be tackled, understandably. I'm on a bit of a tear right now in collecting as much VP as I can so I can but every last thing in the VP shop. I'm down to the last nine items in the section where it's all 10,000VP.

I know of the stadiums and second unis and the various-sized balls, but precious little about the 10,000 and 5,000VP items that have areas all their own, along with a few of the options in the first screen of the VP shop. Any help would be appreciated.
Comments
Re: PYS 5: VP Shop Question
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Aug 22, 2008 5:01 PM | FSH Fan ]

Those 10000 and 5000 are basically the managers and the top bench coaches for every team, with the stats when they were at their peak.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:17 AM ]

The 10,000 and 5,000 are retired players that you unlock and they go to the free agent pool.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:18 AM ]

I couldn't really understand what the question was, but if you're asking how to get VP points the fastest; I will share my methods with you. At least the most effective methods I know.

I also went berserk trying to buy eveything in the VP shop, now I have everything unlocked and every single player maxed out for offline play ( including created players). Here's how I did it:

I use 2 methods to get max VP points every time I play:

1) The easiest, if you play online, only play 9 innings ranked. You get 5000 VP every time you play (win, lose or tie). An alternative is to play 6 innings ranked and/or 9 innings unranked; this will get you 3000 VP win, lose or tie.

NOTE: If you're worried about online rankings and/or records; I don't play practice mode online. Practice rooms don't affect you're rank or record online; but I don't know if you get VP points in this mode.

2) The second method takes a bit of practice but also gives you the most VP points. Pick a slugger that has a high average ( I found Alex Cabrera to work best for this) then:

a) Go to the VP shop (the players side) and max out the player you will use.

b) Go play HR Derby and choose to play Big VP (you need to have a min. 500 VP to play).

c) Select the player you maxed out and choose the Softbank Hawks ballpark (it's the hardest to hit HR, therefore gives you most VP points).

With Cabrera you will get over 7000 VP points if you hit all 20 HR (in Softbank Hawks ballpark). I also like using Yoshimura, Murata and Rhoades (in that order). But Cabrera is by far the easiest to use for accumulating VP points. Plus he's also more entertaining; the ball has traveled up to 158m (so far) and it's really cool when the camera follows the ball up in the rafters ( never gets old ).

Anyhow, I hope this helps. Good Luck!
[ Author: PaulPBS5 | Posted: Aug 27, 2008 9:40 AM ]

Thanks, everyone; I used HR Derby with Rhodes and he did the rest. I bought everything in the VP shop (not the players side of it). It took a couple weeks, but I did it.

I've noticed there are a bit too many HR's in exhibition games, so I'd like to switch from the default ball to the heaviest (?) one. I'm not sure how I can do that and would like to find out. Newbie, I am, so I hope you can tolerate my questions from time to time.
[ Author: Guest: dev | Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:27 AM ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to ask this.

I am curious as to what some of the vp purchases are. In one of the old translation guides (PYS3 or 4), Zam stated that one of the purchases was to keep the games close. Is that choice in PYS 5 i.e. the CLIMAX setting? I can id and have purchased the VP pics of diff balls, stadiums and bonus players but I don't know what the diff "setting" purchases entail. Can someone help me on that?

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.