Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Release Thread

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Release Thread
Well the July 16th release date is almost upon us, and Amazon.jp have mailed my copy a day early meaning I should be getting it by tomorrow.

Thus a lot of you folks out there should also be getting your copies soon, so with the announcement thread getting a little long an unwieldy, lets use this thread for PYS6 impressions/reviews etc.

Despite sinking a fair bit of time in MLB09 this year, I am still very excited at the prospect of getting my hands on a new PYS game, It is my baseball game of choice and I will be using it to repeatedly whip the Giants with my Tokyo Yakult team and will be creating an alternative reality in which we are not their bitch!

Let the virtual yakyuathon begin!
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Release Thread
[ Author: Guest: PGOODY | Posted: Jul 16, 2009 12:22 AM ]

Amazon.jp, gah!!! why am I not told these things!!!!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 16, 2009 9:59 AM ]

I am really looking forward to playing this online. I've had 4 & 5 but never went online with the game.

I'm located in Los Angeles, can someone help me get set-up so we can play online this year?

I'm a little slow, so I'm going to need some step by step directions...

Am I going to need a Japanese IP and all that?

Thanks!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 17, 2009 7:29 AM ]

Well guest, if you have MGS4 and have created a Konami ID to play it online; that same Game ID will work to play PYS online.

I play this game online very frequently so if you want to send me a buddy request my PSN is Cyphre316.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 2:15 AM ]

Unfortunately I don't have MGS anymore.

I never set up a Konami ID.

Is there some other way to do it?
[ Author: Guest: Metro22 | Posted: Jul 17, 2009 2:40 AM ]

Well my first impressions are just OK.

The rosters are updated though some of the players joining mid season didnt make it which is understandable. However all of the new players this year have generic batting stances =[. And still Sledge has a generic stance! =[ I was very sad about that.

Also everybody seems to be quite fat, and have square bodies. It really looks a little odd. I feel like they only added some new things but didnt fix anything that needed it. The WBC mode is fun. Most of the players will be using the generic stances but the faces are pretty good looking. I like how nobody on the US team has less then B power haha.

Anyways I only played for a few hours but so far it seems like PYS6= PYS5 + WBC mode.
[ Author: PGOODY | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 12:16 AM ]

Do you have the PS3 or PS2 version?
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Jul 17, 2009 8:24 AM | TYS Fan ]

Well it came yesterday and I gave it a spin for a couple of hours last night. And it's, erm, Pro Yakyu Spirits!

Then you initially press start on the opening screen you are asked to pick between the regular game and the WBC portion of the game.

In the WBC section you can play an exhibition game or jump in and start the tournament for yourself from the pool stages.

The regular portion of the game seems much like previous versions so far, but I like this year's general clean presentation and music quite a lot. People with experience with previous games in the series should be able to jump right in.

One thing, I'd advise you to head into the settings menu and install the game on the hard drive at first. It will take a good 10 mins or so but games load in a matter of seconds if you do (though I played no games prior to installation so I can't say how long the load times were before).

I won't get another chance to boot it up till later next week but I'll be back with more impressions then,
[ Author: Guest: hanshinagi | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 12:49 AM ]

Please check out my blog. I have a write up on the game. I have the PS2 version. I did notice that the Ps3 version looks weird in the screens compared the PS2 which the players all look more natural.

http://aoinagi.blogspot.com/

But so far I am loving it. I can not wait to get home and play some more.
[ Author: Psunami | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 1:12 AM ]

I'm really excited for my copy of the game to get here. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday via NCSX.

I haven't seen anything on the trophies for the game. I'll be really curious as to how challenging they make those for the game... seeing as how it's the first one with them included.
[ Author: Guest: Devin | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 2:28 AM ]

Question - Is there a watch made aka CPU v CPU mode for the WBC mode??
[ Author: Guest: 22nijuni | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 5:29 AM ]

Sounds great, thanks for the little review.
Can't wait to get off work, Fed Ex dropped it off this morning!
[ Author: Guest: Some Questions | Posted: Jul 18, 2009 8:12 AM ]

Just curious on some of minor things:

1. Is there a free agent pool now to sign guys from during the season?

2. Sort of related to #1 but when you release a player do they still disappear from the game or do they go somewhere else?

3. After the season, can you sign free agents from other teams rather than just new (fictional ) rookies?

4. Is commentary still pretty much the same? Seemed like it from the game play videos.

Thanks
[ Author: Guest: PGOODY | Posted: Jul 22, 2009 5:09 AM ]

GAME ID: pgoodyoriginal
If you want to play online let me know
[ Author: Guest: seibu fan | Posted: Jul 22, 2009 2:43 PM ]

I love this game. The only complaint i have is that the stats (pitch count, era, k's, b.avg, hr, rbi) don't show up on the game screen like in past years. I don't read Japanese particularly well. Can anyone help me or is it not possible?
[ Author: Guest: PGOODY | Posted: Jul 22, 2009 3:20 PM ]

Hey guys question of the hour here:

Is there a noticeable difference in gameplay when using the normal ball versus the light and heavy balls. I've heard that the heavy ball gives more realisitic bounces and hit variety. Whats your take?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.