Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

League Leaders

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
League Leaders
Is there any place on your site that lists NPB League Leaders in stats? Trying to piece together an understanding of the best hitters/pitchers/fielders/etc. by inspecting each team individually is tiresome.
Comments
Re: League Leaders
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 14, 2003 8:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

This is something I plan on doing, but have run into a couple of slight road blocks for the time being. The first, as stated here, Kintetsu's data isn't processing properly. There's a non-ISO-2022-JP encoded character (the character set the page claims to be) on their page that I need to track down. Once I have that, I need to find a way to keep the number of games played for each team in sync with the data that I'm automatically refreshing daily.

I understand that it's hard to compare looking through the individual teams right now. My priority was to get some stats up so that people could see how friends and families were doing without learning how to read Japanese, as I was getting several such requests a week.

Leaders' tables are the next step, but I'm afraid that some other things have priority over them right now. Sorry.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.